Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Suicidal Tendencies; Death in Yosemite

A week ago today, I was the unfortunate witness to a man committing suicide. I was the only one who saw it; The sole witness to a man's last seconds. He jumped from a great height and plummeted off the sheer cliff face of Half Dome. It was surreal and has haunted me this past week. I didn't have time to save him; He was up and over the edge before I could move. I quickly grabbed my camcorder and documented the scene and peered over the edge to the rocky ground some 3000 feet below. I called 911 moments later as I was still in disbelief at what I thought I just saw. Search and Rescue were first on scene. I borrowed binoculars to see if I could locate the body. There was no body left. No skin, no bones, no torso; Only a red explosion on a very large boulder. May God have mercy on his soul. TODAY, many have the opportunity to save themselves from financial suicide. Life is a serious game and you get one shot at it. Let me serve you. Let me save you. A serious message at a serious time.
Thinking of you.
Pat Townsley, Mortgage Broker. http://www.ptre.net/

No comments: