Thursday, August 24, 2006

Equity Reimbursement Notification


I just received a check for $240,000, payable to ME, for "extra equity" in my property located in San Rafael. A real check, non-negotiable. Question. Do you think it would clear if I cashed it? It reads:
"In compliance with the lending laws of the State of California, the equity reimbursement program was recently developed to reward homeowners for investing in high appreciating properties located in the 94912 zip code." This is my chance, finally, for reimbursement.
Sadly, this is a freakin' scam and a half, but it will get the phone to ring, and the majority of the callers will get pissed and this will further be a black mark on the image of the mortgage industry. I really doubt that my Post Office Box located on Bellam Ave in San Rafael has appreciated $240,000. I've often thought of moving from my Post Box to a larger cardboard USPO tote or into one of the mail delivery trucks as my family is getting larger. I could probably make that move now with my new $240,000.
Buyer Beward! Call me for the reality check. Pat Townsley, Real Estate Broker. 415-485-1776. www.PTRE.net

No comments: