Monday, February 16, 2009

Lessons from Legos; Keep moving forward

I've had some down-time with the family the past week, intertwined with emails and Facebook postings from friends and business clients where, perhaps it's "post-election blues" where there was all this expectation of immediate change and hope...and now that the hype is over, everyone is just; BLAH. A Blah added to winter, rain and econmic blues. So, Richard (my 7-year old) is building a house from Legos last night. He turns proudly and says "Mommy, Daddy, check out my...." and as he turns, the whole Lego house wall falls off and the foundation drops and the whole thing ends up on the floor in a pile. The result was frustration, tears, "I don't want to build another one," "this always happens." So, in my infinite wisdom, I sit down and simply re-start something else supercool. He slowly re-engaged in the building of the new project, and I calmly explained the old "pick yourself up by your bootstraps" and just keep going. Because, in the end, what else it there? Life is simply learning and relearning. So, pick up the pieces, get a plan, get busy, and Keep Moving! Motion creates Emotion. Wanna talk about it? Let's talk: Pat Townsley, mortgage and Lego therapist: www.ptre.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do remember that day, Keep Moving Forward!

Mommy!