Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Real Estate Referral Fees


Mortgage broker and Realtors cannot legally take a commission or referral fee between each other. Same with escrow companies, etc. However, Realtors can refer business to each other and collect a referral fee or commission on the referral upon closing. We have standard Referral Agreements that are pretty common. I offer a 30% referral fee to Realtors who send me clients looking to buy homes in my territories (Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano Counties). Of course, I really focus on Central Marin properties and am well traveled in Sonoma and Solano. The reason Realtors would to this referral is to keep a small portion of a potential commission while ensuring that their client gets the best local representation by a Realtor who really knows the area. Looking to buy or sell in Marin? Call me. Looking to buy or sell somewhere else, Call me... I'll refer you to an excellent Realtor where you're looking to buy. Need to finance that purchase anywhere in California.... I'm the guy. Pat Townsley, Realtor and Mortgage Broker. www.PTRE.net. 415-485-1776

No comments: