Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Terra Linda and the love of an Eichler.

I grew up in an Eichler. Simple, classic, single-level modular to courtyard 1950's brain child of the man who's name is now legendary. Nice place to live....and I've seen them burn to the ground in about 3 minutes, I've seen them rebuilt and coveted to $1 million dollar super homes. In some circles, Eichlers are almost a cult...transforming them back into the 50's and 60's vintage style. A sweet Eichler; It's a bit better than having a really bitchin' Vega. Of course, when my mom bought our home in 1965 for $34,000.... who knew it would be in the $800,000 to $900,000 range some 40 years later. It would have been inconceivable. If you're thinking of buying or selling an Eichler, I'd love to discuss and broker that deal for you. I've been in just about every Eichler style in Terra Linda. I know 'em; I've replaced the radiant heat, windows, sewers, siding, you name it. What happens in an Eichler, stays in an Eichler. I'm here for your questions. Pat Townsley, Eichler native and Realtor. www.PTRE.net, local San Rafael: 415-485-1776

No comments: