Thursday, May 29, 2008

Treating others with the Platinum Rule

How do you want to be "sold" to? You don't. Nobody wants to be sold to. As a member of the Referral Institute, a great lesson learned is that we often base our tactics on "The golden rule": Treat others the way we want to be treated. However, that's not the best play. The real meat come from treating your customers with The Platinum Rule: Treat your customers the way THEY want to be treated. It's a fine line that goes right to the bottom line. It's tough to make that distinction sometimes. By using tools like the DISC assessment or BNI's Referral Institutes's "GEMS" program led by Dawn Lyons (derrived from passionate sales guru Dani Johnson), I've learned valuable skills to speak to my clients on "Their level" and increasing my ability to deliver my message. Sure, sometimes my message is passionate about why NOT to refi or buy. Other times, you've got to refi now to take a defensive position to protect your assets, life and home. "P.T."... My initials and what most of my friends call me. 195.08... My former weight prior to losing 20 pounds to the stress in the market. 78...the numbers on phone key pad that spell the initials P.T.....and lastly, The periodic symbol PT is for Platinum. Divide that by THREE and you get 26, the age my father died, the age I turned to a new paradigm shift in my business model, and right now, the number of loans that I need to close this year to achieve me 2008 goals. Coincidence? Fate? Faith? Numerology? Quantum Physics? BS and lies? Whatever it is: I will serve you and your referrals with the Platinum Rule. I will deliver what I say, when I say, and provide you with ExcellenceInRealEstateFiancing... dot com. Let's do this before the Fed package bursts into flames and we're all cooked. Take action. Yours in business: Pat Townsley, Mortgage Advisor. 415-485-1776. www.ptre.net. Real solutions from an agent who's in the trenches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Platinum Rule® is a registered trademark of Dr. Tony Alessandra (www.Alessandra.com). For more information, visit http://www.platinumrulegroup.com or download a complimentary mp3 of Dr. Alessandra’s Platinum Rule® speech at http://www.alessandra.com/platinumrulespeech

Pat Townsley said...

It's a great rule. Thanks for the insight. I'll give the credit to the good Doctor.