Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bumpy But Powerful Start for Obama

I've got a 1/2 ton 5.3L Chevy Avalanche. It's a powerhouse of a vehicle; it holds a lot as well as having the potential to go fast and power through any situation. However, the front left wheel has a shimmy to it. I can feel it most right in the beginning of my ride, and sometimes when I'm zipping along and the road gets rough. It could be the trans axle, loose bearings, out of alignment and require wheel balancing. It's probably bits of all these creating a sometimes bumpy ride, but I don't throw it out and laugh at it. Today, president elect Obama became President Obama with a few bumps starting with the oath as "the oaf" and a hang up within the brief reciting of the oath (I would have asked for a mulligan). Unfortunate as that moment was (and how many times will the media rehash that moment until we're sick of it) we still a very powerful engine with potential to go fast and power through any situation. Left, Right, Right, Wrong, Up, Down, the resulting message is clear: Lead, follow and get out of the way~! Let's get busy America. So say we all. http://www.ptre.net/

No comments: